Buying Jewellery online is not always the easiest especially when it comes to bracelets, we all vary in size and preference on the fit, but with a little guidance we can help you make the right decision. All you need is a flexible measuring tape, a bit of string, or paper and ruler to wrap round your wrist/or hand then consult our tables below, and voila you have your answer. Where to measure is slightly different for bangles and torques than for bracelets so make sure you refer to the right one.
What can be trickier is if you are buying as a present and don’t want them know! Unless you attempt to measure them while they are asleep (which is a bit weird) what are you to do? Well, our advice would be to go with an educated guesstimate, are they are smaller or larger than average. And if this very scientific approach doesn’t quite work we offer a 30 day refund / exchange policy (longer during the Christmas period).
Step by Step for Bracelet
Measure the circumference of wrist then add a little (see table below).
- Use a flexible tape measure, a piece or string or even just at strip of paper.
- Wrap the measure round your wrist – ensuring that you measuring over the largest part where the wrist bone is.
- Measure your string, paper and note down that measurement.
- Add at least 1.5cm (1/2”) for comfort, for a looser fit add between 1.5cm to 2.5 cm (1/2” to 1”) to the length of the bracelet.
Average Bracelet Size
Average size for a woman’s bracelet is the Small 8″ or 20.23
Average size for a man bracelet is medium 8.5″ or 21.59cm.
HOW TO MEASURE FOR A BANGLE OR A TORQUE
Measure the circumference of your hand at its largest point when its closed and flat as if putting on a bangle.
- Hold your hand flat, close you fingers together and then tuck your thumb in under to touch your pinkie (as if putting on a bangle, see photo).
- Using a flexible tape measure, a piece of string or a strip of paper measure the largest part of your hand (usually over the thumb joint).
- Measure the paper/string and take note of this measurement and use the table below to work out the diameter of the bracelet which will fit you.
Average Bangle or Torque Size
Average size of a bangle for a woman is the diameter of 6.5cm and 7.5cm for a man.
Silver Sisters bracelets come in four sizes although and bangles in two depending on the style. If you size isn’t there then do drop us an email, it’s not always possible to do custom orders but if we can we will.